The Office of Classroom Management (OCM) is committed to providing instructional technology in general purpose classrooms. However, we have only 84 spaces that provide webinar equipment enabling video of the instructor and the ability for faculty to use Zoom meetings to transmit live using their personal laptops.
On June 19, 2020, the University funded an equipment upgrade for dozens of rooms to enable video and better instructor audio for Zoom meetings. OCM is procuring microphones and cameras for instructors that face the front of the room, which can be connected to your laptop to host a webinar or send audio and video from in the room to people online. For more information on how to connect your laptop via USB, visit the webinar equipment instructions.
Note: Procuring equipment will be a challenge. Minimum lead times for equipment is 4 weeks; however, some components are taking 12+ weeks to arrive. Not all rooms on this list may receive updates prior to the semester start. To confirm an installation is complete, use room search to filter for the feature "web conferencing."
- August Update: Equipment has started to arrive and only a small number of rooms listed here will be upgraded before the start of the term. Classrooms with an asterisk will receive a temporary Class Capture upgrade featuring an audio/video bar until they can be revisited later.
Minneapolis, East Bank
- Akerman Hall 209*, 225*, 319, 327
- Amundson Hall 116, 120, 124, 240*
- Appleby Hall 302*
- Burton Hall 123*, 125*
- Civil Engineering 212
- Elliott Hall N119
- Ford Hall (See note below)
- Murphy Hall 214*, 228
- Nicholson Hall 110, 115, 120, 145, 315, 335*, 345, 355
- Tate Hall 120*, B45, B55, B65, B85
Minneapolis, West Bank
- Blegen Hall 110, 120, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145*, 150*, 155*, 215, 220, 230, 235, 240, 250*, 255*, 317*
- CSOM 1-127, 1-132, 1-135, 1-136, 1-142, 1-143, 2-219, 2-224, 2-228, 2-233, L-118, L-122, L-126
- Haecker Hall 205*
Classrooms in Ford Hall have been removed from this list due to substantial costs to add webinar equipment. It has been determined that the classrooms will receive a Class Capture update instead, featuring an audio/video bar.