Departmental classrooms are individually-managed, supported, and scheduled by academic departments at the University of Minnesota. They are designed to meet the specific and more specialized needs of a given department or program. For example, studios, class labs, and special use classrooms are considered departmental classrooms.
Departments use separate Astra event request forms for requesting classrooms. The following Twin Cities-specific spaces use code 120 in the University Space Management System:
Academic Health Center Classroom Services (additional scheduling resources are on the AHC site)
Carlson School of Management
Dance: Barker & PC Gym only
Law School Mondale Hall
Theatre: Rarig Only
All other departmental rooms that accept Astra event requests
Find contact for department room in Astra
If you have any comments or questions about a departmental classroom, contact the department that manages the classroom. To navigate to contact information in Astra:
- Use your University ID and Password to log in to Astra Schedule.
- Click the resources tab in the top bar.
- Click room > view and manage your room resources.
- Check the campus plus (+) box for Mpls/StPaul.
- Narrow the search more by selecting building, region, or room type under the campus filter (make sure to click search at the bottom left of the screen when filtering).
- Identify the room you want and hover over the index icon on the far left of the room number. Contact information will appear in the description box.