Departmental classrooms are individually-managed, supported, and scheduled by academic departments at the University of Minnesota. They are designed to meet the specific and more specialized needs of a given department or program. For example, studios, labs, and special use classrooms are considered departmental classrooms.
Many departmental classrooms are scheduled using Astra and use a separate Astra event request form for requesting classrooms. Each of the following have their own specific Astra event request form:
- Health Sciences (formally known as AHC)
- Carlson School of Management
- Dance: Barker & PC Gym only
- Law School Mondale Hall
- Theater: Rarig Only
- All other departmental rooms that accept Astra event requests
Questions? Contact the department
If you have any comments or questions about a departmental classroom, contact the department that manages the classroom.
To find who to contact in Astra:
- Go to z.umn.edu/astra
- Click the resources tab
- Click on Room link
- Use the room number filter to find the classroom
- Or filter by building and room type.
- Find the room you want and hover over the index icon on the far left of the row.
- Contact information will appear in the description box.