A growing number of our classrooms have sound reinforcement equipment for assisted listening. To locate a classroom with assisted listening equipment, use Room Search and filter the features for assistive listening.
Using the assisted listening headset
- Remove a headset from the charging cradle.
- Switch the unit on using the volume/power knob located on the bottom of the headset.
- Put the headset on; earphones are on top with the company logo on the bottom, facing outward for best reception.
- Adjust the volume to the desired level.
- When you are finished, please return the headset to the charger cradle.
If you experience problems with this system or have further questions, please call the Classroom Support Hotline at 612-625-1086.
- Any sound that is coming through the room's system should be audible on the headsets.
- If you experience interference or static, try moving to a different location and be sure that you are facing the front of the auditorium.
Locating the equipment
- The instructor station's drawer contains assisted hearing equipment for most classrooms.
- For Mondale Hall 15, 35, 45, 55, and 65, find the equipment in the wooden box near the instructor station.
- Contact the Classroom Support Hotline at 612-625-1086 if you need access for the locations below:
- Rapson Hall 100 - Locked in the rear projection booth
- 10 Church Auditorium - Locked behind the stage
Find this feature
Use Room Search to find out the specific equipment that can be found in a specific classroom.