During the 2020/21 academic year, the Carlson School of Management created a pilot in their department classroom to enable a variety of teaching modalities, providing HyFlex options to students to attend in-person, online, or review recordings. As a result of a partnership with OCM it will now be installed in additional general purpose classrooms (CSOM 1-123, 1-132, 2-213, and 2-215).
Here’s a summary of the improvements:
- Ceiling microphone to capture the entire room and provide audio feedback for automated camera tracking*
- Lavalier microphone to isolate the speaker in the room (if-needed)
- Multiple displays
- A large screen at the back of the room to primarily show those online.
- Four additional monitors in both the front (2) and back (2) to provide the right mix of shared content, current speaker, or those in the call.
- Existing large display at the front of the room for main content presentation.
- *Instructor auto tracking camera system
- *Student cameras with sound-based switching, providing a shot of those speaking without the need for a camera operator.
- Markerboard cameras that can be toggled on/off with a single button.
- Updated document camera
- Updated control system
- 10” touch panel
- Zoom Room appliance**
**If the Zoom Room appliance is not enabled, available equipment in the room will be limited to the instructor camera, content monitors for presentation, and microphones.